7.13.2009

The Country Fair











My parents were sort of hippies in high school and when I was born (well as much as they could be in the late 70's and early 80's). We tease my mom just a little about it, but in truth I am so greatful that I was raised to appreciate diversity and the concept of community. In going back to our roots we all loaded into the Tahoe (I know the real hippies would totally disapprove, but we filled every seat!) and headed south to the Oregon Country Fair. It is one of the coolest festivals and it is in Oregon. It is a place where people can feel comfortable being who they are and kids can play and use their imaginations without boundary. Josh and Lily were definitely experiencing a little culture shock, but they loved every minute of it...tons of live music, face paint, people in costume, people on stilts, art stations, and a few people who use the "less is more" ideology when it comes to clothing. We had a great time.




2 comments:

Jenna said...

Love the headband on Maya - so hip ;)Glad to see you guys are doing well, it is hard to believe Maya is almost ONE! Miss you, xoxo

Paige Lomas said...

I totally love the Country Fair but have not been in years. Glad you all had so much fun.