11.20.2008

Come Home Dad


So clearly the working mom deal is kicking my butt! I apologize for the lack of posts lately. Ty has been studying for his final license exam (series 7) for the past month or so, and has been staying in Portland all week for a class. Being a single mom is TERRIBLE. We miss dad! The only positive thing to come of his working away from home is that little miss and I met up with him for dinner on Tuesday night. We ended up going to Starbucks after dinner to talk and hang out. It almost felt like we were dating again, hanging out, talking about our big dreams for the future and then going home to separate places. One small difference...S. Pea was chillin' out at Starbucks too!


Ty comes home tomorrow, and we both can't wait. It doesn't feel right to be home without all three of us. Don't get me wrong, I love a little home alone time but the whole week is too much.


Here is a COME HOME DAD picture....

Tell me these two don't look alike! I think I was simply the oven.

6 comments:

Paige Lomas said...

too funny...ready my email. I too have been a single mom! I know how you feel, it is really, really hard. No matter how much we love our kids it is hard at 24/7 alone! Thank goodness I have family close by and my 8 year old son is great!

Ty and Molly said...

I love you two! The good ol' Shilo Inn is just no comparison to sleeping next to my girls. Dad loves you the most. See you in about 24...

Levi and Stephanie Teasley said...

Hang in there Molly...the single Momma thing is no fun...I was doing it last weekend too! I'm glad the countdown is on! Enjoy your sweet "hello's" tomorrow! Maya is getting so big, and boy what a cutie...no kidding does she look like Daddy! Love you guys!

Our great adventure said...

So sweet! Josh has never been gone for a week but for about two months he had this awful internship in Portland where he left at 5:45 and didn't get home till 7. It's hard, and lonely!
I'm glad he's almost home! We miss you guys! p.s She is getting so big and even more beautiful, such sweet eyes!

The Fast Family said...

Maya is so cute! I went to Washington for two weeks after Gracie was born so Greg could finish remodeling our house . . .I feel for you!

Esther K said...

What a precious blog post!!!! Get your butt home, Ty! And good luck on your test!