12.16.2008

The Big Trip Home

We left Ellensburg at about 2 pm on Sunday, because we knew it would be a slow drive home through the snowy mountain pass. This was our view as we started over the pass at about 3 pm.
Thankfully we decided to drive the truck that has 4 wheel drive! It was crazy! It normally takes 5 hours...it took 8. By 5 pm it was completely dark and snowing like crazy.

Maya was a trooper! She slept for the first leg of the journey from E-burg to the Dalles. We stopped to have dinner and let Pea stretch. Here is Dad and Maya...her first time in the snow.We were back on the road. I drove for about 5 minutes before almost breaking into tears...semi trucks, black ice and Pea in the back seat! Not my finest moment...Ty took over. We finally pulled into Portland and it was snowing and the roads were covered in snow. It so rarely snows down here...it was so beautiful. It was the same at home...a totally white little town! The drive was really scary we slid around a few times and encountered many crazy drivers. I feel like this picture of Maya really sums it up...

"Seriously? Are we ever going to get out of the car!"

4 comments:

Our great adventure said...

That caption so fits her little face, so cute! I'm glad you guys had a safe trip. Hey did you ever get my email about this saturday? I know I've been having some trouble with people not getting my emails.

Lindsey said...

I love the picture of Maya! She looks kind like I would driving in the snow. Oregon looks so beautiful! I miss it! I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

Heather said...

LOL! Thats funny! Glad you got home safe...I am so jealous of the snow!

Paige Lomas said...

What a great adventure! Glad you are home safe and sound. When are you going to walk down and say hello?