2.05.2009

True Joy

Grandma Rena & Maya (5 months)
I feel so blessed to live near my family. My grandma is able to watch Maya two days a week and it is the best feeling. I love picking her up in the evening, she and gram are usually exploring the house or rocking in her chair. Sometimes my brother is holding Maya and Gram is in the kitchen cooking something that smells wonderful. Monday when I arrived this was the scene. Always wearing pink from head to toe, usually a headband of some kind and always happy. Can you find a more content babe? I doubt it.
Then on Tuesdays my parents pick Pea up from Chris's House (Maya's babysitter) and she hangs out with them for a few hours while I teach a class to pregnant teens. She definitely is one loved baby! Sometimes we come home and skype with her grandparents in AZ, so they can love on her a little too.
Working with so many young girls, several that are pregnant, who have so little support in their lives makes me really grateful for all of the people in mine. I am so thankful that Maya will grow up with a great support system and have people loving her every step of the way.
I feel as though I should end this post with a PSA: GO MENTOR A YOUNG GIRL IN YOUR COMMUNITY! (Stepping off on my soap box now...not that any of you are shocked!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Molly, to jump on your soap box i say go mentor a young person too! I have been doing big brothers, Big Sisters for about 3 months now and I LOVE my time with my little. No matter how burnt out I am and how much i just want to sit on my couch after haning with her I am always happy and glad I got out of the house. There are tons of great programs but I have had great luck with big brothers big sisters!

Ty and Molly said...

Maya is so proud of her auntie Lo! And so am I! Mentoring can definitely be exhausting, but so worth it. Did you know that if a young girl has a meaningful, consistent and open relationship with an adult her chances of teen pregnancy, drug addiction, teen suicide reduce by 30%? Good stuff

Lindsey said...

You are so lucky! The group of girls you are teaching are also super lucky! Way to go!

Stefanie said...

She is so sweet - I loved holding her tonight!

I'd be glad to bring over the play dealie sometime...I've never seen your home, so that would be fun!