6.16.2008

31 weeks and counting... (cont'd)

So, I (Ty) have been having some weird dreams lately. Those of you who know me understand that I can be a bit more emotional and/or excitable than most guys. At times I wish I had a little more of my father in me, but it is very apparent that I have more of my mother, which is usually a good thing I think... I love you, Mom... All that said, I woke up the other night crying because I had a dream that our baby was already 4 months old and I felt like time was going too fast. I had to peek under the sheets to make sure I was still the dad in this household...
We went up to Seattle this weekend to celebrate some of my cousins' graduation from high school, which was such a blast. It was kind of like a mini family reunion, and Holmstrom (Ty's mom's side of the family) reunions are legendary. I found myself more than once looking around and being so thankful that I get to bring Baby into a world and a life that will always be surrounded by family and friends that I never get enough of. Pretty cool.
As Molly said, Baby is moving around a lot. Just this week I really started to feel more "shifts" than kicks, and we are now able to tell the difference between a head or a little bottom and hands or feet. Another little fun fact, Baby can now distinguish between Molly's voice and my voice. I will say, though, that I have a hard time coming up with things to say to Baby. I think maybe I should start reading stories or something, because as of now it consists of, "Hi. What are you doing in there? Do you have all your fingers and toes? I hope so. How about we listen to some Dave?" Then I attempt to sing... Any suggestions would be helpful...

2 comments:

Chantel said...

Ty - you are darling! You 2 are adorable and I am so thankful you are doing this blog. My google reader pops yours up every time you update and it makes me smile when I see you updated. Keep em coming. Wish we could see you before baby!!! We are coming south the end of July if Molly ends up not going to her conference, maybe we can see you. Miss you guys!!!! Hug each other from us! love, C and fam

Heather said...

I am getting greedy now...always checking for new posts...keep 'em coming!