6.06.2008

TMI...

Whoa....we had our first childbirth class on Wednesday night and let me tell you they put it all out there. As if the photos in the book aren't graphic enough, they have life sized models to really drive the point home. As I was watching the nurse explain the birthing process with the use of the life sized models I thought to myself "This is never going to happen". She promptly said as though reading my mind, "you are all pregnant which means the baby has to be born"...right.

I definitely started to get nervous simply sitting in the waiting room waiting for class to start. Here is a brief overview of our class make up...As I am sitting there feeling a bit light-headed and mildly panicky in walks a girl I know who is 18 (graduated from HS the Saturday before) and her boyfriend. I begin thinking oh my goodness I am way to old to be taking a class on birthing a child, I should freaking know what is going on I am almost 30 years old! Then a few couples that are similar in age walk in and I start to feel a little better. As they are moving our class to a new room I notice a couple that had to be in their late 30's maybe even 40 and then I thought to myself, holy crap I am way way to young to be having a child. Moral of my story, I clearly have a little more anxiety about this whole process that I thought.

As the night went on I did start to relax a little bit and people were asking really good questions. The funniest had to be the 40 year old dad (this is their first baby) who asked the nurse "so like does the doctor go up there and yank the baby out?" His wife just looked down at the floor and shook her head. After that I didn't feel quite so unprepared. I also didn't want Ty to ask any questions without asking me first...I am sure that I will lighten up a little next week.

4 comments:

Stefanie said...

I think we need to go out to dinner:) or something ~ you would laugh at what we've experienced so far. Mike at least should "school" Ty a little.

I can't wait for your first experience having a baby - it is unbelievable!

Anonymous said...

Well, at least you will get to see your sister go through it first. If she can do it so can you. You are the older one afterall and older sisters are always better at stuff then their younger ones. Or at least I like to think we are.

rossPATbarnes@hotmail.com said...

Molly and Tyler,
i really enjoy reading your blog and learning about your growing family, so keep it coming(pictures too). i don't know when I'll see y'all again but i am always praying for you.
best wishes,
Ross

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud at work when I read about your birthing class... yeah, I suppose I will not be laughing quite as much when I get pregnant, but I am so glad you can keep it light-hearted. And absolutely knowing my brother, I know why you told him to ask you before he asked the teacher. So funny and so fun for the two of you!

Love the updated pics, as usual. Thank you for keeping the site updated.

Loves to you! E