9.07.2008

A week in review...

Whoa...I haven't really ever experienced being home all day and having so little time to get anything done. I am sure all of those moms out there are secretly laughing! I have barely had time to shower let along blog, email or return calls but hopefully this week Maya and I will turn the corner. In all honesty things are going really well, we are just in the eating most all of the time phase which really takes up a lot of the day. So I first would like to apologize for not returning calls and emails, but promise that it will improve over the next few weeks. Second, I wanted to give everyone a quick update. Here is one of my favorite picture of Maya and cousin Brad.

Where to start? Last Saturday Tory & Dave were married which was fabulous. Here are a few pictures. I of course took my camera but it didn't make it out of the diaper bag (typical!) But thankfully the bride sent out a few pics that I can share. Tory was easily one of the most elegantly beautiful brides ever. The whole evening was perfect...as expected Tory cried a lot, but she one of those lucky people who still look pretty while crying. My friend Chris & I decided that the best part of the reception was the enormous chocolate fountain! It really doesn't matter how old I am, inside I still love all things Willy Wonka.


Last week Ty's mom came to visit from Wednesday night and left this morning. It was great having her here although I felt a little guilty because she spent most of her time working in the yard, cooking, and doing our laundry. She got some great cuddle time in with Maya.


My Mom, Sister, and Aunt Susan threw a meet the baby shower for Maya & I. It was wonderful, they invited family and a few close family friends so that it wasn't too overwhelming for Maya (okay maybe her extremely paranoid mom!) We sat in my parent's front yard and talked for hours...mainly laughing at Joann, my bf Jenni's mom. It definitely reminded me of the great parts of coming from a small town, and some of the other parts like the mud covered trucks that look like over sized toys driving by yelling stuff out the windows. Classy!


Last night we headed out to take Chris (Ty's mom) to dinner at our favorite hole in the wall BBQ place in Dundee (Huckabee's BBQ). It was a nice way to end a fairly crazy week. Today we are relaxing, big time...I decided at 2 pm that I should change out of my PJ's so I upgraded to workout clothes...it is a step up right?


Oh...My dad's birthday was on the 6th. He turned the big 50 and celebrated by heading to the Ducks game with all of the guys in the family. Ty could go because he had to work, but he was there in spirit.

11 comments:

Stefanie said...

This made me want to come hold her so badly. Maybe some evening I will steal away ALONE and come by or bring Ruby, who will look GIANORMOUS next to Maya!

Remember when I brought Rubes to Josh and Leslie's when she was so teeny new...you were just finishing your first trimester I think. Time will fly - brace yourself dearly:( But every new day is SO fun.

Our great adventure said...

Hey Molly! I remember that, gosh it would be like 11 am and I wouldn't have even eaten breakfast, and I wouldn't even know what I was busy doing! It's such a whirlwind! It gets a little calmer after they start sleeping through the night, then you get to feel somewhat normal again!

Paige Lomas said...

Glad you are on the "getting to feel more normal" stage, it does take awhile. Took a walk down Birch street today...Baby Zac and I looked for you! Catch you next time...

Levi and Stephanie Teasley said...

I'm so glad things are going so well for you guys! It's hard to get into the groove of having baby and accomplishing much else, I can totally relate! It seemed with both our girls, once we hit the 6 week mark things were a little easier, but enjoy those moments they go by way too fast! I'm just itching to hold that little Maya, she is too cute for words! Love you three! Steph

Erin Trimble said...

Mom said that she had a great time with you guys! I am so looking forward to making it up to see you guys! And I don't think that PJs are a bad thing... there are plenty of ladies older than us that wear them to the supermarket! :0)

Loves, E

Heather said...

Yeah! A new post. Hope to see y'all again soon! -HJ

Esther K said...

Great update! I'm glad to hear that you're getting help, getting spoiled, and most importantly, getting out of the house! ;)

Anonymous said...

big muddy trucks with classy fellas yellin...oh good old sheridan huh ;)

i need to see tons of pictures since i am 1300 miles away from you guys! :( not going to lie it's hard seein them and what i am missing...but trust me, in time i'll be "home". let's just hope it's before bradley and mayas graduation huh!! i love you guys and miss you more than i can tell you! it's still hard for me not to see natalie as the little girl who first started coming to our house!

Natalie said...

Good job on the update!
Tory does look amazing but i want to see more pictures. Yeah gma J this week sounds great any day but wed
im open!how did today go? call me. kiss maya for me

Chantel said...

I remember if I could shower by noon, I was doing good! =) Think of you often!!!! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Anonymous said...

Maya just keeps getting cuter and cuter! I'm so glad she (and YOU of course) was able to share in our special day. Miss you!
xoxo