7.08.2008

Heaven and Raspberries




Here are a few (more) pics from the weekend at Loon Lake, and our first official batch of raspberries, ever, from Birch Street. I (Ty) am rather excited about this, as my father was the one that got me started on planting raspberries. Not quite enough to do anything with, but good little desserts for the summer time...


"The Lake", as it has been called in my family for as long as I can remember, is my heaven on Earth. We have been going there as long as I have been alive, and I can't imagine life without it. I am pretty sure that I will retire there, even if the Wife doesn't know it yet! It literally has everything I could ever want: fishing (Uncle Sticky hauled in a nice rainbow trout right off the dock this weekend that we ate for lunch), boating and wakeboarding, crystal-clear water (it is heated by geysers on the lake bed that push the water close to 80 degrees by summer's end), Mom's food, and Four Corners. Those of you who know Four Corners know exactly what I'm talking about.


I can't wait for our new little Baby to meet this place, and to begin memories of his or her own. Can't wait! I love you, Mom and Dad-- thanks for letting us hang this weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOH, the lake looks so beautiful, and the raspberries... yummy! Glad you two are enjoying the summer and all the good things that it brings, especially Baby Bradley!

Loves to you! E

Heather said...

Love the t-shirt Ty :)

Esther K said...

I love the picture of you two! What a cute belly!

Unknown said...

The lake looks beautiful! I hope you guys won't mind if Dave and I outfit Baby in Yankees gear. Totally cool, right? Love you both!
xoxo