7.01.2008

July

Is anyone else wondering how it is already July 1st! I am in approximately (now getting used to the idea of no exact due date, thank you little sister) 6 weeks I will be a mom. There are several things that have come together in our nursery over the last few weeks making me feel much more comfortable with the approaching timeline. I had a mild freak out moment a few weekends ago when for the first time I realize that our baby could be premature and we really weren't ready. I have mellowed out since then, but it does feel good to know that if it happened we would have the basics.

We are all still anxiously awaiting the arrival of baby B (Natalie & Jonathan's baby). She went to the doctor last Friday and he said that the baby wasn't moving down in her pelvis (at all) so there is a chance that she will need to have a c-section later this week. Baby B is already over 8 lbs and Natalie is so narrow that the combo is making it difficult for her to have the baby. I think that she is okay with the idea of a c-section and at this point just really ready for the baby to arrive.

I don't have anything really exciting to report on this week. Last weekend I worked at an event called "Paddle on the Willamette" where our youth and families paddled three canoes from Salem to Portland. It was really a great event, and it was definitely 100 degrees outside. It is pretty crazy how hot 100 is when you are +20 lbs. I didn't even know a person could sweat from the places I was sweating! Oh I know one exciting thing...the Olympic Trials! I don't know how many of you know this about me but I am obsessed with the Olympics. It is so fun to watch them and it is genuinely my only real show of patriotism. How ridiculous is it by the way that they only show a few things and often times it is from 11 pm-1 am. We can have every morally worthless T.V. show air when people are awake, but for the Olympic Trials we choose infomercial hours. Dumb.

Off the soap box...and getting back to work. I will post more tonight and some pics from the weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Olympics too! I was freaking out when I thought I would miss the start because I am in Peru but I get back on the 7th so I won't have to miss any. Don't freak about not being "ready" for the baby. I was at a festival this weekend and these parents were lugging massive quantities of stuff for these little tiny babies and then none of it would get touched since the kids would stay in their arms or find their blanket 1000 times more entertaining then all of the toys and other junk that had been brought along. So...no matter how "ready" you are, you are all your little guy or gal will be looking for and not the color of the wall or the light fixture etc.