7.31.2008

Ferry Boats & Chocolate

So yesterday I started my long journey home from my last outing with youth. Let me just start by saying I barely want to write this because I am going to get a wrath of "I told you so" messages, but chalk it up to honesty. So yesterday morning I was in Duncan, B.C. and decided that it was time for me to head home. Nothing was really happening in the baby department, but I just felt the urge to be home. So I headed down to Victoria to catch the ferry after calling them 6 times to see what the chances of getting on were. The first sailing at 10:30 was a no go, so I parked my car (1st in line) and walked around Victoria for an hour or so and then got back into the car. You have to stay in your car due to some customs rule. The next sailing was at 3:00...fast forward to 2:30...I have made friends with all of the ferry guys and I am sure that I am going to get on the next ferry. Then I watch semi truck after RV after semi truck get loaded on the ferry. Still optimistic, but a little worried I start eating the chocolate bars I had purchased as gifts (why not right?). 3:00 ferry pulls away from dock, Molly still in car on dock, 2 chocolate bars down the tears start to fall.

Side note: I am not a movie star crier...I am a snotty nose, red face, can barely breathe or talk crier.

The young ferry guy comes over and I don't want to roll the window down (for obvious reasons) and he genuinely looks like he might die when he sees me. I am a mess! He is trying so hard to be nice and all I can get out of my mouth is "I am 91/2 months pregnant and I just want to go home." He calming is trying to figure out where I am from (true: I can't verbalize where I live) via hand signals and guessing. He then suggests that I drive to Sidney B.C. to catch the ferry to Vancouver B.C. that in all honesty it is my best chance of making home. So I heading for Sidney, took the ferry to Vancouver drove to Tacoma last night and stayed with my family, then drove the rest of the way this morning. There is also a bad gas station story and me finally getting to work and realizing I left my car keys at home in McMinnville. A fantastic trip home.

I really wish I had pictures of myself for comic relief.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you so much, and wish that I could just give you a big hug!

Anonymous said...

Oh my Molly...always trudging forward,(canoeing,driving,camping,taking care of all your kids and more driving.) I hope "your" kids know how much you care about them. You should be so proud of yourself as your dad and I are of you and Ty. You are an outstanding role model for the kids, showing them the right way and that is all anyone can do. Thank you Molly for being our daughter and loving us back. We love you and Ty so much and am so excited to watch you two become parents. Get ready your lives are about ready to change...and all for the good! We love your blog so keep on writing!

Esther K said...

Oh, you poor thing! This broke my heart as I read it. I'm so glad you made it home safely if not timely! XOXO
~Esther

Natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Molly Rena I love you, I can only imagine your sad little face.. makes me wanna cry! I wrote a different comment but it didnt post i guess it was much better and i cant remember what it said! Im sad for you that is was your last trip with the youth for a while but honestly im really happy i dont like it when your gone it makes me worry! I love ya mol and I cant wait for baby to arrive! Only 10 more days! (or so)

Paige Lomas said...

Molly...you sound like you made it out alive and well, that is awesome! Drop me an email (from the birthing class list) and I will tell you all about Amy and Greg having baby Gracie yesterday! Can you believe it!!!!! Today is my baby shower, so I am off for a fun-filled day! Talk with you soon!

Unknown said...

:( Poor Molly. STAY HOME!! The new issue of People came out with the Jolie-Pitt twins in it - go get it, sit on the couch, get some snacks, and relax! xoxo