8.18.2008

Blog Therapy

So it is Monday August 18th, and no baby yet. I know people are curious so I thought that I would lay the curiosity to rest. Our midwife said that if there is no baby by our appointment tomorrow we will start to talk seriously about labor induction. Of course last week I thought that I would want to wait, but at this point I am thinking bring on the pitocin (labor inducing drug)!


I really did pretty well emotionally until last night when I had reached my breaking point. Over the weekend I felt contractions that were about 20 minutes apart both Friday and Saturday night for several hours and I was just sure that last night I would have then again and I would be heading to the hospital. Well...no such luck. I might have had 3 all night. I was really feeling defeated. We stayed up to watch the Olympics until about 12:30 and then Ty headed to bed, which gave me way too much time to "think" about things. Honestly until that point I hadn't shed one tear over the overdue business. I tried to get ready to go to bed and absolutely lost it. It was about 1 am and I probably cried for no good reason for an hour and did laundry because what else do you do at 1:30 am when you are trying not to wake up your husband who has to go to work in the morning. I decided that work wasn't the best choice for me today, so I am at home feeling sorry for myself...not really I am doing a little better.


I hung out with my gram this morning...bi-mart, Safeway, Jake's for breakfast....all of the important things. Now I am watching O.A.R. on the HD Music Channel...they rock! Who would think that they could pack out Madison Square Garden?? My UO girls and I use to watch them play these little tiny venues in Eugene and Portland. Good stuff.


Love you all...thanks so much for all of the well wishes and comments! They genuinely are the highlight of my day at this point. I will let you know as soon as there is any "movement" down south.
Here is my fabulous giant self at 40 weeks...I have to be honest I don't want to take these pictures any more. I know that you have seen this dress several times, but I refuse to buy any more maternity clothes! REFUSE.

8 comments:

Chantel said...

Wish I lived closer to come hang out with you and to pass the time. If I can give some advice =), it would be for you and Ty to enjoy these last few hours/days til Sweet Pea comes. You won't fully have that for 20+ yrs. Praying for you! And please let me know if there is anything specific I can pray for whether it's now, or when labor begins, or after. You 2 are going to be great parents! Love ya Moll!

Paige Lomas said...

I totally feel your pain...well, in about a week and a half I will if there is still no baby for me either! Call me and we can walk...even at 1:00 AM...I am soooo awake! (seriously) Come down and ring our door and scare the crap out of my husband, that would be funny. But seriously, hang in there and keep up the good work!

Esther K said...

Hang in there sweet Molly.
I cried the night before my water broke...so maybe your breakdown is a sign of upcoming breakage of another sort! Hope so anyhow!
Thanks for the blog. We check your page more often than e-mail these days!!! Hang in there!
Love,
Esther

Stefanie said...

Oh, Molly! I think of you daily - waiting for Ty to call Mike any minute. He will call, won't he?!!

I now can't empathize with you, as I only went over 3 days with Daphne. But all I can say is that you aren't running after another child, and soon you will be very busy, so just keep creative and do some relaxing things if possible. See a movie all by yourself...go by your favorite candy and eat it all...go by a PEOPLE magazine and sit and read all the gossip, start the baby book...

I know, I know this isn't helping. That babe will be here soon!

And I had Daph with no drugs, so if you are considering that still, call me and we can chat about that:)

Natalie said...

Oh molly you poor thing! I feel so bad for you! Once the baby comes it will be worth the wait just keep that in mind! I love you.

Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers constantly... sending you yet another big hug via the blog site from the big SLC! I love you, sister!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...I so wish I could be there with you right now to give you a big giant hug. Please know I'm thinkig of you constantly and am so excited to see you next week!
Sending you lots of love and positive thoughts!! xoxo Tor

Our great adventure said...

Hey Molly! Know that Josh and I are thinking and praying for all three of ya! I was induced with Gracie, I decided to have my overdue meltdown on the phone with my midwife and that was a great way to get induced! (but I know its not really what you want till you get desperate!) Anyways keep hanging in there, and also I hear ya about the clothes I think I had like one outfit I could wear by the end I was so huge! Ok, Love you guys!