8.11.2008

The Home Stretch...

No baby action to report on today. I am trying to change my attitude about the whole tomorrow is my due date and I won't have a baby thing. There are so many other things that could go wrong, and the fact that I have zero patience really doesn't matter. In order to pass the time I have been baking...mainly apple dishes because our apple tree is overloaded with apples this year (any locals who want some gravenstein apples come on over).


(self portrait of my babysitting skills)


Yesterday Ty and I went and walked around the Woodburn Outlets, and had some just the two of us time. It was really nice. We shopped for things for the two of us no baby stuff allowed. Then today I worked this morning, came home and watched baby brad for about an hour (I will take what I get), went to the acupuncturist, then to a meet and greet with the pediatrician, and then I came home to this:


(The stroller in it's box & what it looked like when I opened it)

So excited!





So that is my project for today...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what is a phil and whatever??? Tjose of us with babies too old to know ask. Please save some apples to send with Chris. My father adores gravenstein!!! Can't wait for Sweet Pea but in his/her own time. He/she is already helping you to practice patience:) A must for a parent. Did you keep the the crib bedding or find something else that you like better? You three are in our thoughts and prayers. Love @ U, Auntie Gretchen and Uncle Stick

Anonymous said...

So, I am at work today, and get a call from my brother! I was so excited thinking that today was the day that I was going to be an official "Auntie"! In reality, he was calling to chat about the men's 4X100 freestyle relay - that's great, Ty, but what about Sweet Pea???

Just waiting for the (next) call - love, sis

Heather said...

Please explain the 2 pics. I even clicked on them to see if I could figure out what the heck it was?!

Our great adventure said...

I can't wait to meet sweetpea! I know exactly how you feelthough Molly. Days are definately long in the end waiting for baby, but I promise you he or she will come!!!! I know its so much harder then it sounds but just relax and enjoy some down time because it will all change soon, in a good way though!!!
We love you guys!

Paige Lomas said...

...just right down the street and feeling your pain...literally and figuratively. I am just 2 weeks out and dilated to 2 and wondering...when is this going to happen. I have everything done at home (just got the stroller last week too!!!! love it!) and now I am tying up loose ends at school to make it better/easier on my sub. Hang in there! My family freaks out everytime I call them too...sometimes I just want to talk and not have to field all the questions..."yes I am fine", "No, no baby yet", "yep I'm tired"....try and stay cool!

Levi and Stephanie Teasley said...

Ty & Molly...we're so excited for you as the count down begins! Hang in there Molly, I can totally relate to the torture of waiting! We love you both and can't wait to meet your sweet little one!

Natalie said...

The stroller! woo hoo!!! I cant wait to see it! And your babysitting skills are amazing! That was so nice of you! I cant wait for sweet pea to take a ride!