8.14.2008

Ode to the Olympics


Most of you already know this but I LOVE the Olympics! It is just about the one and only time that I am patriotic and all about the USA, because most of the time I am totally disappointed by our country & its politics...but that is for another day. I also love seeing the major athletes spending their free time supporting other athletes. I looked online today and many of the USA men's basketball players have been all over the place watching volleyball, swimming, diving, etc. How cool is that? If there is one saving grace, it is knowing that every day for the next few weeks I can be entertained by the worlds best athletes.


Growing up I would always dream about competing in an event and winning the medal, my parents crying in the stands. The whole deal. It is so cool to watch an athlete like Micheal Phelps celebrate and to watch his mom & sisters in the stands...I love it. So my dreams of being an Olympian were a little short lived, but my best friend since I was 3 (Jenni) has always been a super star track athlete and I just knew that she would make it and then I could still go and live vicariously through her. She was an All-American in the Pole Vault in 2002! Well Jenni hasn't made it to the Olympics yet, but I have to be honest I still think that she will. That might sound crazy because she is a coach now for the greatest University on the Planet, also known as U of O, but I could see her participating in about 1/2 of the events. She is just that kind of a lady...she kicks butt and takes names! So Jen if you read this post just know that I am still your biggest fan (next to big momma, of course).


On a side note, as you might have guessed, still no sign of sweet pea. I feel as though I might be pregnant for the rest of my life, as I have had ZERO signs of baby.

4 comments:

Heather said...

thinking of you Molly! enjoy the Olympics and your rest before the baby arrives!

Natalie said...

Molly you have got me addicted I love the Olympics too! I love that there on pretty much on all day! love it! No signs yet....:( I keep thinking these thoughts in my head of what is going to happen and so far, none of my thoughts have happened... but that might be a good thing! lol
I love ya and I hope there is some action soon cuz I cant wait any longer!!!!!!! and im sure you feel the same way!

I want you to tell sweet pea a few things for auntie!!!

reason #1 to come out!
-aunt natalie has been waiting for you for years, actually since i can remember.
#2
-mommy wants to give natalie a sweet baby girl, so come out and show us that your a girl!
#3
-bradley needs a friend
#4
last and probably most importantly
-It is way way way to HOT for your mother to be pregnant.

Paige Lomas said...

Maybe you are going for the gold on the number of days passed your due date? Hang in there! Have you tried some of those home remedies yet? How about a little castor oil? That is also supposeed to do the trick. We can split a bottle. Walk up and down Birch Street.

Unknown said...

Thinking of you!! Love the post Molly, Tyler informed me this morning that it is too late for me to become an Olympian... what nerve! Of course I do watch the Olympics with a bowl of popcorn and then a bowl of ice cream...

Love your list Aunt Natalie :)