8.22.2008

The story, in Dad's eyes...



I had to throw a couple of my favorite pics in here, thanks to Aunt Natalie. This was me announcing, "Baby girl!" for the first time. The second one is simply beautiful...


I had the privilege of watching this (the birth) all go down from what I have coined "The Bobsled Position": me sitting behind Molly, counting as she pushed, and getting to witness Maya enter the world from basically the same view as Mom. For those of you who didn't hear the story, we got to the hospital Wednesday morning around 7:30 AM. They induced Moll around 9 AM, and for the next 9 hours, not much happened. Then around 6:30 PM that night, Maya decided it was time, and she wasn't kidding. From that first hard contraction, Moll dilated to an 8+ within an hour. She started the actual pushing around 9, and out Maya came at 10:41.


Everything was perfect. I think it still has not hit me, as it happened so fast, but I couldn't have imagined it going any better. Easy for me to say, I know, but Moll and I both talked about Megan and Bev (midwife and nurse during delivery), family at the hospital, and all the calls, notes, flowers, cards, etc. from all of our friends and family all over the world. The love you all have shown us is overwhelming. To quote Mark Wickman from Joe McLaughlin, "This is life at it's best." I can't imagine any better. More to follow soon! We love you all, and Maya says hello...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tyler you are going to be an amazing father! Congratulations!
You are not only going to be an amazing dad but your are a fab husband molly said you were amazing when it was all going down. Thanks for being such a good man to my sister!

Unknown said...

I just went through the pictures with my mom - we think Maya is BEAUTIFUL! How are you ever going to get anything done... don't you just want to look at her??
Lots of love from Elkton,
Jenna and Julia

Paige Lomas said...

Wow! great pictures and great story. When you start to take walks, stop on by! I am sure I will still be pg!!! Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Congrats again you guys. Maya is a lucky little girl and Mol, you look great!!

Sarri said...

So excited for you both! These early times are simply the most precious days of your life. Enjoy!! Can't wait to meet Miss Maya!

Anonymous said...

Grandma and Grandpa Matthews are missing you beautiful family so much already...thank you for allowing us to be a part of the birth and cuddling that precious Maya. It was so special to be with the Rogers gang and Natalie, you are the best to help the new grandma with pics. Love you all.....G & G

Jo Feve said...

Oh my word Tyler and Molly, Maya is just BEAUTIFUL! Mark and I are just thrilled for you both...you're life will never be the same! You two will be such great parents with so much love to give. We wish all God's blessings and wisdom as you raise this precious lamb.

We love you!
Mark and Joanne Fevergeon

P.S. Jerry and Chris, you are in for the BEST days of your life. Grandparenting is the BOMB!! XO