8.12.2008

D Day!

Well today was the day that I have had circled in red on EVERY calendar I own for the the last 7.5 months. I almost couldn't come to work today because of that d... red circle, but I made it and I am going to be just fine. This morning Ty and I headed into the doctor's office, another thing I really wasn't looking forward to doing. Here is a brief overview...

"Wow we didn't think that you would make this appointment" -nurse

"Really, because I am REALLY happy that I am here anyway...I mean who wants to actually HAVE a baby...I would be content to be pregnant for the rest of my life NOT." -little green men in my head

"Well do you want me to check you to see if you are making any progress" -midwife

"Hmmmm...not checking = wondering, but no disappointment, and not checking = not having your hand you know where." -little green men in my head

"I don't think you should check, you will just be pissed when she says NOTHING is happening" -the husband

"What are some "real" natural ways to induce labor" -Molly

"We could try stripping your membranes" -the midwife

"What is that?" -Molly

" LSKJDFOIF EIOEFNSOIEJFSDHFOEH." -the midwife (you can look it up for yourself I refuse to write the details of this particular procedure)

"Are you crazy! You seriously thought that you would entertain the idea of a natural birth and you are sweating over "stripping the membranes"...you are a joke" - little green men

"What the heck, let's do it???" -Molly

"She is crazy and I am going to be sick" -ty's little green men

So all in all today has been very interesting, physically uncomfortable, and filled with lots of well wishes from friends and family. I thought that I would share my version of D day.

Best, M

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to be irritating, but I am still waiting by my phone and have informed EVERYONE in my office what might happen today! I am so excited! I love you both and Sweet Pea so much!!!

I am crossing my fingers and still wearing my "Auntie" necklace for good luck... hugs and loves, E

Unknown said...

Erin, you will be such a good Auntie!!

Natalie said...

Molly I love you, your crack me up!
It will be here soon and when he/she comes the time will fly by and you will wonder what happened! just think of it that way! but the day isnt over! I cant wait for the call! love ya sissy

Larry said...

you're funny

Paige Lomas said...

ok...so you don't remember from birthing class...I will remind you (and inform your commentators on on your blog) sex and nipple stimulation. Not necessarily both or in that order either...good grief...you don't want it to come flying out! hee hee Best of luck! Maybe we will be in the hospital together!

Stacy said...

Molly- I hope that it happens soon! I had my membranes striped with Jacob at 2:00 pm, and my water broke at 9:00pm that night. If that doesn't work try the foot spray. We used it on my sister and the same night she went into labor. Get some, have Ty do a foot rub with it and hope for the best! Can't wait to see pictures!

Ty and Molly said...

What is this magic foot spray I looked online and couldn't find it?

Levi and Stephanie Teasley said...

It's so hard once you hit you're due date, the minutes feel like hours! We're praying for you! There is nothing glamorous about having a baby...I was shocked the first time! I love your sense of humor through it all! We love you both so much!!!

Esther K said...

Oh, you poor thing! Doesn't sound like a fun appointment. Hang in there!!!! We're thinking of you!!!

Stacy said...

Hey Molly- It's just the pepermint foot spray from the Body Shop! At the home parties, the consultant will not spray it on you if you are prego and not close to your date. I don't know why it puts you into labor, but I know of three people it has worked on- one being Jess! Hang in there and relax!